One of Nintendo’s more intriguing upcoming titles for the Switch is Arms, a one-on-one 3D fighting game that’s also an original intellectual property. In a pair of videos released today, Nintendo offers a primer on the Arms roster and its arsenal of weapons.
In the video above, Nintendo walks us through the game’s five confirmed characters: Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Ninjara, Master Mummy and Mechanica (who fills the role of little person in a giant mech suit). Each has their own special abilities in terms of punching, jumping and dodging. But it’s clear that even with a limited set of moves, thanks to the weapons in Arms, there will be plenty of variety in battle.
In the video below, Nintendo walks through many of the game’s weapons, including the Toaster, Megaton, Sparky, Boomerang, Revolver and the Slapamander. Players will be able to choose the loadout that suits their fighting style, and based on the available options, it looks like Arms is going to get a little weird.
More From Polygon
- Mass Effect Andromeda review
- What you need to know about Mass Effect: Andromeda’s overwhelming side missions
- Crafty gamer wins a Nintendo Switch for $50
- BioWare cuts off GamerGate complaint about Mass Effect facial animations
- Beauty and the Beast’s openly gay character is a poor tribute
- Iron Fist’s Easter eggs include references to Spider-Man characters and more
by Ashley Oh
Witness me, Aku
by Chris Carter
What to level up first
Create a new account first!
by Jeff Ramos
Where to find Great Fairy Cotera, Mija, Kayasa and Tera
The most obscure comic character on the Netflix show
Introducing Dr. Robotnik’s Dinner Blasterz