None of the four arks that departed the Milky Way 600 years ago fared very well when they arrived in the Andromeda galaxy. Only the human ark, the Hyperion, made it to the Nexus on its own. Over the course of the game, you’ll recover the salarian ark as part of the “Hunting the Archon” main story mission and the asari ark during Cora’s loyalty missions.
The turian ark takes a little more work. You’ll pick up the tread of these missions on Havarl pretty early on in the game, then you won’t hear anything for a while. A little later, you’ll get an email that will point you to the resolution of the story. The decision you make at the end has an effect on the end of the game.
Turian Ark: Not Dead Yet
After you complete the “Helping Havarl’s Scientists” mission and debrief Kiiran Dals, you’ll start getting hints that there might be other Milky Way aliens on Havarl. Kiiran will direct you to Torvar for more information.
- Speak to Torvar about the turians. He’ll be standing right next to Kiiran Dals.
- Find the turian encampment.
- Defend turians from the roekaar. When you show up, the turians will be under attack from some roekaar. Clear them out to protect the turians.
- Speak with the turian leader.
Turian Ark: Lost But Not Forgotten
After you visit Kadara during “Hunting the Archon” and return to the Tempest, you’ll have an email from Avitus, the turian you met on Havarl. He’s got a lead on the turian ark.
- Investigate anomaly on Elaaden. Depending on how much exploring you’ve done on Elaaden, you might have a bit of a drive ahead of you. You’ll know you’re in the right place when you start getting shot at.
- Take out all of the scavengers, and then head to the crash site.
- Scan stasis pods for turian Pathfinder. Spoiler: You’re not going to find him.
- Investigate powered stasis pod. Just keep scanning pods.
- Contact Avitus via the Tempest comm.
- Meet Avitus at navpoint. He’ll point you to the Remav system (where both Vetra’s loyalty mission and the remnant tiller missions take place as well).
- Speak to Avitus on Ark Natanus. He’ll meet you as soon as you land.
- Explore the Natanus. The Natanus is laid out a lot like the Hyperion, but (currently) with less gravity.
- Investigate the console. Head up the stairs on your right to find a locked door. Follow the nearby power conduit to a console that will open the door on your left.
- Investigate the console. Inside the next room, you’ll find another console. This one will give you (some) information on what happened on this ark.
- There’s only one mission waypoint left, but you’re going to have to do some work to get there.
- Head through the door next to the console you just used. The door on your left will open, but is blocked by debris. The door on your right needs power. Head back into the room you just came from and use the console in the middle of the room on the left (now, but right when you first came in) to supply it with power.
- Investigate the console. In the next room, you’ll find another console right ahead of you that will give you some more hints about the Natanus’ story and, thankfully, a new waypoint for the SAM node.
- Head through the door to the right of the console.
- Use the console on your right to open the door on the left.
- Find the SAM node. At the end of the conversation, you’ll have a decision to make — either express your disappointment in Avitus or try to convince him to become the turian Pathfinder.
- That final decision is up to you, but it does have implications for the end of the game. If you convince Avitus to become the Pathfinder, he’ll be there to help you during the final fight of “Meridian: The Way Home.”
Mass Effect: Andromeda guide and walkthrough
‘My career is over’ says X-Men artist, admitting to hiding religious messaging
by Julia Alexander 1 comment / new
Mass Effect: Andromeda guide: Not Dead Yet walkthrough
by Jeffrey Parkin
Mass Effect: Andromeda guide: Lost But Not Forgotten walkthrough
by Jeffrey Parkin
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy coming this August for $39.99
by Samit Sarkar 6 comments / new
Bayonetta comes to PC today
by Michael McWhertor 15 comments / new
See how gear works in Injustice 2
by Michael McWhertorOriginal Article