On March 23, the iOS version of Super Mario Run will also be updated to version 2.0.0, Nintendo said. That update will add new playable characters to Super Mario Run. And if players complete one of Bowser’s challenges in the free version of the game, they’ll unlock World 1-4. Currently, only the first three levels of Super Mario Run are playable in the free version.
Super Mario Run is an original platformer built with touchscreen devices in mind. The game features 24 levels in its World Tour mode and asymmetrical multiplayer challenges in its Toad Rally mode. Players can collect items and decorate their own Mushroom Kingdom with the Kingdom Builder mode. The game is free to download and includes a one-time $9.99 purchase to unlock all of its features.
For more on Super Mario Run, read Polygon’s review of the iOS version.
More From Polygon
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild guide and walkthrough
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild speedrunners are taking down the game in less than an hour
- ToeJam & Earl is coming to Nintendo Switch
- Take a look at Battlefield 1: They Shall Not Pass
- Hands-on with Mass Effect: Andromeda multiplayer
It was all a misunderstanding
Winter is coming
The LGBTQ artists that made the Disney Renaissance deserve better
Yes, there will be spoilers
We went hands-on at PAX East, here’s what we learned